Our Mission

To live a self-sufficient and organic lifestyle for the next half century. With the Grace of God and the power of prayer, we will succeed. Nothing is impossible with His help. It wouldn't be us without laughter and joy at the Cockeyed Homestead.

Find out more about our homestead on these pages

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Touching Email and Thank You Readers

I received an email from a lady in Tennessee a couple of weeks ago that touched my heart greatly. It touched my heart at a time when I really needed it. You see the middle of October is a very sad time for me. It's my wedding anniversary, and my beloved's anniversary. It's a difficult reminder of what I've lost with his death. Last year, I could work through it with busy work on the homestead. This year, I was off my feet with a pressure sore on my foot and left to muddle in my thoughts. I was pretty down when I received the email.

I have readers that have been with me for a year. Only a few actually comment, but other email me through the contact option. Sometimes, I forget what an impact my blog has on others. I'm just chatting away on things in my life. It's a saga...a never ending story that is my life on the homestead. I hope to inspire, motivate, and bless others with my blogs here and at the Murphey Saga (my living post stroke blog).

I don't always know for sure even with the hit counts in the analysis charts. Many may just scan a bit and find out it's not what they were looking for like I do when researching a subject. The internet is great for that. But to know someone is actually reading and digesting what I've written is great. To know that I've actually succeeded in my goal is awesome. It is a reaffirmation to me that I really am answering a calling by blogging. It's really the only way I know I'm reaching people.

Yes, this blog is new. Yes, I've barely advertised it. Readers would have to search to find it. I know, I know. As a former marketing consultant, I should do better. But I'm busy operating a homestead to FaceBook (Mel does though), Tweeter, Instagram, Pinterest and all that other marketing jazz. In fact, I'm paying for a website that I've done nothing with.

I guess it would be different if I was really marketing a product like I did with my nonfiction and novels. Eventually, we'll probably get there. We're just not there yet. Sure we have angora wool to sell. but honestly, it's sold or used as soon as we harvest it now. Which is fabulous, right? But I digress.

I just wanted the say to my readers...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree, Disagree, Indifferent is okay, just let us hear from you. But be warned...evil spirited or threatening comments WILL BE deleted.