Our Mission

To live a self-sufficient and organic lifestyle for the next half century. With the Grace of God and the power of prayer, we will succeed. Nothing is impossible with His help. It wouldn't be us without laughter and joy at the Cockeyed Homestead.

Find out more about our homestead on these pages

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Homesteading Posts by the Numbers for 2019

I know we are late doing the end of the year review of most favorite and least favorite posts for 2019, but at least it's finally done. There have been other more exciting topics to talk about like the start of a new homestead based income stream...Mel's chicken farm.

I'm happy to say this little homesteading blog has significantly grown in visits and comments over the past year. I honestly began wondering if I was reaching anyone besides a few of our YouTube subscribers the last three years. Originally, this blog was set up to provide watchers of our channel a behind the scene view of homesteading and other items that did not make it into videos. That all changed at the end of summer 2017. Computer crashes, video editing software problems, replacing cameras, and 4 sets of audio equipment died all put a damper on us continuing with YouTube. So, the blog became our website as we cut out nonessential expenses from our tightening budget.

You see, we will never to be able to earn a cent from YouTube just made matters worse. Mel was banned from Adsense. You may have noticed that we don't run ads on our channel. That's why. We can't monetize it. Me, monetizing this blog was the only way we could make any money from our efforts. But in the 20+ years with Blogger and Adsense, I've never earn one red cent. My other blog has grown to over 1 million hits...think about it. I don't do any of this for money. We video upload and write for the love of the subject matter and to share with others.

I just keep seeing videos about what homesteading YouTube content creators are making from YouTube and just wanted to set the record straight regarding our Cockeyed Homestead channel. I'll get off my soap box now and get on with my post.

If  you read Wednesday's post on this subject do not be surprised by the difference in the numbers. This is just on the Sunday homesteading posts which are considerably lower, but growing. I can remember a time when I got no visits to this blog so these numbers are exciting to me.

The blog with the highest number of 47 unique visitors was ...drum roll, please.

Demolishing the Store Building ...Sort Of

 This surprised me. I didn't think tearing apart a rat infested food storage out building was such an earth shattering post.

The biggest loser for 2019  with only 7 views was...

It's Definitely Springtime!


This was certainly one of my more shorter posts. But still, only 7 souls even stopped by to notice.

But all that being said since starting this blog in May 31, 2016, my little old homesteading blog has received 27.4K (with a high March 31, 2019 biggie of 2,483 visitors to this site) of unique visits. That's not too shoddy looking at how far we've come in three short years since I started writing this.

Thank y'all for visiting me.

Y'all have a blessed day!
Cockeyed Jo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree, Disagree, Indifferent is okay, just let us hear from you. But be warned...evil spirited or threatening comments WILL BE deleted.